Friday, June 27, 2008

Time well spent

This weekend is sure to bring challenge. We have an adventure race that divides our project into teams and puts us up against one another through a race containing biking, running and swimming. We all developed costumes and team names for our groups, so that should be entertaining as well. Overall I think it will be hard both physically and mentally (trying to keep the teams together, keep pride down, and work together through it all).

This week has been interesting. The time flies by when you are constantly busy. It seems that every day brings a full schedule of work and CRU activities. I know I have mentioned that a lot, but it is definetely a truth in my life now.

But I wouldn't trade the activities for more time. We continue to grow together as a group, both as a full 42 students and as our smaller work groups and family groups.

We have also begun to really develop relationships with co-workers. As we meet more frequently I continually hear stories of how people are interacting with their co-workers in different ways. This is really encouraging, hopefully not only for me but also for all the others here and out there hearing about our ministry.

I personally have been able to meet with my co-workers more and more. Bringing them into our group has been a goal and I feel like the students working at the red lion have really been trying hard. I pray that God continues to bless our efforts and establishes some fruit...I know he is already planting seeds.

Quiet times are priceless. Though they do usually consist of some sleeping (rest is rest after all), they are definetely productive. I have been able to really learn more and more about God through scripture. Traveling through Jeremiah and Isaiah in the past two months has shown me how incredibly forgiving and graceful God is. I pray that he continues to increase my knowledge of scripture.

I think of home constantly. Which as you may know is a number of places. I continue to remember those in C-wood, Louisville, Gainesville, and Milton (as well as the people I have met in those places). I continue to pray for you all. Specifically today I thought of CBC. Any of you at Crestwood Baptist Church reading this should realize that I pray for you continually. I hope that you continue to look for God's guidance in our Church and for the necessary decernment when looking for a new pastor. On top of that though I really want everyone there to be of one mind in the spirit of Christ as Paul mentions many times in scripture. I pray this for the entire body of believers. That we would constantly be on our guard for division among us and that we would continue to run the race before us with perserverance, throwing off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.

Anyway, I have been blessed with a significant amount of growth while I have been here. Mostly things have revolved around my pride being reduced, and only having confidence in Christ. Yet, there are definetely specific things that I have realized throughout the trip. I pray that they would continue to resognate with me once i return.

To any hillians reading this Blog. I love you all. I pray for you continually. I'm excited to see you guys when I get home.

To the people at Harlan, I hope God is blessing you with unity. That there are no quarrells among you and that you continue to encourage one another towards Christ.

To Caleb and Rachel. Congrats once again on the wedding. I am encouraged by your relationship and I know God will continue to bless it and bless those around you through it.

I hope that anyone who wants to pray for me and the group of believers here would remember our pourpose. That we are here to be Christs hands and feet and to show him to the people of the valley. That we all wish to grow towards him and be stretched in our faith. That we want to grow closer to one another learning to invest in wisdom of Christ.

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me in any way. I pray that Christ would continue to show the world himself through this project.

I know there are not any pictures here, but I don't have much to show this time around. I do of course have my Flickr site, and also if you can get on Facebook there are a number of pictures to be viewed in mine and other people's profiles.

I will see you all soon.

In Christ,
Tyler

Reading: Jeremiah (need to find something new, not that I have exhuasted the book, moreso it has exausted me)

No comments: