Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day of Propositions

A lot came at me today. Lots of decisions to make. I wont go into specifics but just pray that I continue to look to Christ for my answers, and take comfort in him.

Interesting day at the Red Lion. First day of real work, without any real concentrated training. Though I was just bussing it was still a great experience. I got to meet a lot of people sitting at the bar as well as get to know other employees. I like working at the Lion. I hope that me and the others working there will be able to get the 30 hrs we were promised. For now I will just trust that I am supposed to be at this place (since I am after all employed there), and if the hours sink below our required I will react then.

Got to meet some awesome people that are here for the Teva games. One of which was a rock climbing coach from Cinci. and the other was a climber participating in the bouldering comp who was from South Africa and is now living in Denver. Apparently one of the guys that was a bachelor on "the Bachelor" showed up. The female waitresses acted accordingly.

Pretty excited for tomorrow, though I don't work some people are playing frisbee and it will be great to have an opportunity to play again. I will also have a lot of time to read and chill, not to mention sleep in.

A lot of people are still looking for jobs. I pray that they would not get discouraged, though i know how hard that is. Perseverance develops our faith and I praise God for giving them trials to push through.

We all met tonight for dinner and worship, it was awesome. Nothing better than some fajitas and then praising God with 40 other friends. 

This trip has been quite a blessing. I know it will continue to be. I hope everyone is having a good summer wherever you are, and know that I miss you all. 

In Christ
Tyler 

No comments: