Sunday, June 15, 2008

A little less conversation

Yesterday was a busy one. Starting with a morning of cleaning at the Vail Church, a group of us were able to wash windows, replace lights, clean nursery toys, and other miscellaneous jobs. This ended with a free lunch full of delicious sandwich meats.

The real excitement began when we left at 3 to go hike a trail up to hanging lake and spouting rock over by grizzly creek. It was a 45 minute drive that was easily worth it. Almost every project person attended this hike, we nearly took over the place. It was about a mile up to a lake with a waterfall surrounded by cliffs and boulders. We were able to climb up to a few cliffs and rock towers. I think everyone had a great time and it was a good time to see God's creation and view the gift of nature that he has given us. I wish I had some pictures for you guys, but unfortuanately my camera stopped working once I got up there, so I will have to depend on other ones that people have taken.

Today was "The Great Rescue". This involved a mock rescue mission in the woods. We were required to split into our family groups and go into the woods looking for people. When we found them we had to provide for both physical and/or spiritual needs. So there was some awesome stuff that happened, along with some funny stories. We had staffers following our groups attempting to influence us along the way, they represented angels and demons. Everything was based on biblical influence. We could banish the demons in the name of Christ, and people we were talking with could accept Christ if they felt we provided for their spiritual needs. God showed us a lot through the metaphors and symbols in the exercise. There was a lot of realization that occurred throughout the day that we realized during the debrief in the end. I specifically noticed that God taught me a lot about pride throughout the time. He taught me a lot about pride overall today, but specifically during the exercise I learned that I need to depend on others and put my pride to the side most of the time. Quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. Today was a wealth of learning.

So another week and another 5 days of work are on the way. I hope you all will pray for me. That I will have patience and diligence in my job, and that Christ will shine through me during work. That I will continue to remember Jesus Christ in everything that I do. I am praying for you all, and I hope to hear from you soon.

In Christ,
Tyler

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ty,
Thanks for the blog update. You are so right! The Lord does work in many ways. I have been very fortunate over the years to travel to many beautiful places including the Rocky Mountains. In the spring time the blooming flowers against the snow covered peaks provides a masterpiece of beauty to the eye. Such planning for our continuous enjoyment could have only been created by a Supreme Being. Enjoy this experience, open your heart and mind to accept all things (people, situation, direction) which he brings to you.
Here is a fun exercise. Put 9 dots on a page three per row under one another. Connect those dots using five straight lines. Can be tough unless you go (outside the 9 dots) HINT! It is a good example of how each of us has to extend outside our comfort zone. Be patience as all good things come to those who wait.
Thanks for the phone call and update on Father’s Day. It was great to hear your voice, twice. I am so proud to be your Father. Know that I hold you in my heart each day.

Love DAD

Unknown said...

TY,
Tim Martin, a guy who normally sit by Mom and I at church, was asked to speak about Fatherhood yesterday at church. When he introduced himself he spoke about his daughter, Nichole and his son, Tyler. It could have been any father in the church but it was Tim and his kids have the same name as you and your sister. WOW!
Love
Dad