Monday, June 2, 2008

Red Lion

Today was job search day.

Went awesome. Began with some prayer and a group of us heading over to Vail village. We went to a number of places, and were fortunate enough to find a job on our first day of searching. Two other girls and I will be working at The Red Lion in Vail. It's in one of the oldest buildings in the city and is apparently a traditional place for people to visit (and eat at) when in Vail.

Unfortunately some people were not able to get jobs today. Fortunately everything works out in God's timing.

Tonight we went out to try to speak to some of the people around the Vail village. It wasn't that fruitful but me and another girl were able to get some conversations going. I hope to hear more about what others accomplished when we meet with our family groups tomorrow.

Side Note: A girl just came into Simba running away form a bear. Turns out we have them around here. Also, we got to talking and it seems that the crowd over at the Red Lion are quite an interesting bunch. Sound like fun.

So while I am still working on getting my pictures and such onto a computer I will just say that everything is amazing here. Scenery wise it's all mountains in the day and stars at night. Plus the fact that everything is very "expensive looking" adds to the whole resort feel. It is a big change from down town Louisville.

If anyone has questions about what's going on so far throw them into the comments.

reading:
Philippians
Jeremiah

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Simba and the bear!! Don't you think that is a little ironic.... simba was a bear in that disney movie, The Lion King. So did you see the bear?
As for the Red Lion... what will you be doing there and when do you start? Are you serving, hosting,washing dishes and/or barristaing. Lots of opitons in a restaurant. Hey? I'd love to eat there someday... especially since it's one of the oldest and most historic buildings. I'll go on line and see if I can read anything about it.
Everyday sounds like one BIG adventure out there. Sound awesome, and I'm very happy for you.Prayers and lifting you and the summer project everyday. Mom

Unknown said...

The Red Lion:
the entertainment looks pretty cool, I'm always up for games and they have bingo Tuesdays!! Sounds like fun to me :-)
Couldn't read the menu, guess I don't have adobe reader, will try it at work today. I'm sure it's yummy.
The patio sounds awesome and from what I could tell on the map, it doesn't look too far from your condo.
The picture of it is nice, looks kind-of like a Swiss chalet. Looks like a great place to work, congrats!
By the, our "yellow lion" says HI! Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

I must have been half asleep this morning when I typed that Simba was a bear!! Sorry, I know he was a lion (I even typed that.)

Unknown said...

I must have been half asleep this morning when I typed that Simba was a bear!! Sorry, I know he was a lion (I even typed that.)