Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bingo Possibilities

So today was more work. Which is really good. As I get better at it I am able to enjoy it more. Throughout the day i learned a bunch of new buys work activities. Since we are there until 5 and it gets really slow at about 3, there is not much to do but prep things and clean. But the people are fun to hang around with, so I don't mind the free time.

So I am incredibly thankful for this trip. God has continued to teach me more and more about him and how my relationship should be with him and with other Christians. Lately the fact that I should rely on him for everything has come to the tip of my mind. Not just the big things, not that way that I hear many people speak about, like large problems in your life or big decisions, but little things. For instance, patience is a fruit of the spirit, something we should have if we are Christians, and thus Christ's and thus have the spirit within us. I have trouble with patience, and I need to rely on Christ for it. So when I want to stop doing something, or get something done quickly, I need to remember Christ, and that his timing is perfect and that I should not be anxious. This goes for everything in life. Even the little things.

When I am tired at work. I should depend on Christ. I should know that he can give me abundant strength. I should be worrying about that things that could give me strength, such as wondering whether or not I should eat more, or if I should run more often. I should know that even if I do those things, God still has control of my life, and my strength is still in him. If I don't depend on him then my actions are futile.

Therefore, the plus side is I can ask God for help in any circumstance. No matter what I need he will give to me fully. Christians must realize this. God is able to do all. If he sacrificed his son for us then how much more will he give us everything that we need in this life? He gives us himself, so that we can be complete in our joy.

So tomorrow will be another day of work. Which is great. And then dinner with all the crusaders. So just another day in Vail to look forward to.

O yea, the title of this blog is relevant. At the red lion there is bingo every wed. I hope to make it there so that i can hang out with my co-workers more, but we have stuff going on on wed (specifically reflection time for a few hours). So we will have to see if I can make it and fit reflection time in on another day. This is my only option that I see, cause there is no way I am x-ing reflection. It is much too beneficial.

I pray that you all are growing in the knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ. That God is teaching you more and more each day.

In Christ,
Ty

P.S. Thanks to all who have sent me letters. They are most encouraging. And I hope to get some back to you soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention your wonderful photo. A face only a Mother and Father could love?
Love
Dad

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Tyler, thanks for the reminder about trusting the Lord in "small" things, like fruits of the Spirit. It's a good application. We're looking forward to when you come back!

Rachel Brown :)