Sunday, July 13, 2008

weekender

So this weekend started off with a life skill. These are activities we do as a project to help us realize biblical teachings. Yesterday we were all given cameras to go out into Vail and take pictures of 5 different subjects. Those being redemption, empathy, true love, beauty and evil. Once we took all the pictures my family group had them developed and then we hung all 300 or so up on the wall of a community room in Simba Run where we live. We then had a large group meeting to discuss how our day went, stories we were able to gather from the event, and also what the pictures meant to us. Every CRU projector grabbed 3 pictures that represented how God was working in their life. IT was awesome getting to hear the multiple perspectives surrounding each picture. Some people came up with amazing explanations that I would have never thought of. Overall it was an great exercise. I hope that everyone took home something significant that they will continue to remember through the project. I personally realized, even more than I knew before, how much grace God has for us. No matter how much I screw things up he is there to forgive me. I can't imagine being without that.

After the life skill a bunch of people decided to go on a night hike. A bunch of us only took a two and a half hour hike up to booth falls, while another group added 5 more hours to the hike by going all the way up to booth lake (a 2,000 foot increase in elevation). Needless to say they got back a little late. My roommate Sully rolled in around 4:00 am. I was a little confused at first, thinking he was getting ready for church really early, only to realize he was just getting in.

Today Church was awesome. The usual worship team was back along with Craig Smith, our usual pastor. He did a great job going through Jonah ch. 3. For worship we focused on old hyms, which I really enjoyed. I have found myself wanting to sing those for a while, in fact there was conversation of that desire while some of us hiked booth falls last night.

After church I was fortunate enough to go to a fly fishing clinic. It was interesting. Makes me want to get out in the river and actually try it for myself.

This was follow by a gondola trip up Vail mt. to hand out lemonade and spread the gospel amung people coming up berry picker trail. It was an awesome opportunity to get to know CRU people even better, hand out some refreshments, and speak with people we would have otherwise never gotten a chance to converse with.

So the weeks are widdling down. We are all realizing how much work we have to get done here in a short amount of time. Therefore, we are kicking things into high gear. I think now that relationships have been established among both CRU people with CRU people, and CRU peeps with their co-workers it is time to really invest in the Kingdom. So please pray that the gospel would be shared in any way possible, and that we would have the zeal for Christ to continue to follow His word.

Miss you all. My computer time is running out at the Lib, so I must go. Thanks again for reading.

In Christ,
Tyler

No comments: