Monday, July 7, 2008

Light

So Saturday was full of great stuff. Went to a few outlet malls and the REI store in Denver. Ate at a place called Beau Jo's (amazing pizza), and finally went to the Rockies game (which was won 12-6 by the mountain locals). Beau Jo's has a challenge that asks its participants, which can be at most two people, to eat 14 lbs of pizza. I would really love to try it. I think I might try to recruit sponsors so that I can go into the challenge knowing I have financial support if me and the guy I try it with fail. It is $75 to try to beat the challenge. Yet, if you eat the entire pizza you recieve $100 and two free t-shirts.

Church was great. The Vail Church is going through Jonah today. We had our usual pastor speaking and our normal worship team, and they did an awesome job. It was a great day of learning through reading scripture and singing praises in community. Afterward a bunch of us (guys) went to go play basketball close to the church. We ended up being able to play 3 games of 5 on 5. Best of all a gentleman who works at home depot with some of the CRU guys was there playing with us. So hopefully we fostered some freindship throughout the games.

After all this the guys from my family group and I went out to buy food for tonight. What we did was make a nice dinner for the 8 girls in our 12 person family group. We grilled chicken, baked potatoes, prepared a salad, and closed it with chocolate fondu and fruit. All this was prepared around a candle lit table with sparkling cider for beverage. It was a little choppy getting things together with our alotted time today, but everything came together eventually and I hope we were able to bring the group closer together.

We are reading John together as family groups currently. I think the book is amazing. I have only read the first chapter for the pourpose of discussing it with family group today. But even one chapter seems so full of theology and truth that it is almost overwhelming. I am thankful for scripture and all we can gather from it. I am looking forward to reading more into John and praying that God will constantly reveal more things to me through it.

Everything is going really well even with the departure of staff. I hope everyone is looking to the future with hope that God will continue to work through us to share his gospel. It seems everyone is becoming more and more aware of the urgency in which we need to share with others, and that we must depend on God's timing to share Christ with others. I pray that though I am sure we have all passed up oportunities (I know I have), that we will continue to look for chances to speak His truth. Both now and when we return to our respective areas I hope we continue to use every day to its full advantage.

As always, thanks for the encouragement and for reading this blog. I hope everyone continues to grow in grace and knowledge of Christ.

In Christ,
Tyler

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ty,

I think I can cover the $75.00 for the 14lbs of pizza. One condition though. I will have to actually have to see video of the pizza going down and bonus video if happens to come back up. Good luck!
Love
DAD