Monday, July 28, 2008

Sorry for the wait



So it has been a while since my last post. I guess I have taken most of my free time to reflect on the things taking place here and to chill with the friends I have here in Vail.

The past week and weekend have revealed some awesome lessons for me and the other kids here on VSP (vail summer project). I know we are all feeling the urgency of our situation since we have less than two weeks left. I want to do a lot before leaving, including witnessing to more co-workers, and investing even more in the relationships I have with people (both CRU kids and the people of Vail). Honestly I just want to feel like I have accomplished the task I set out for, to expand God's kingdom in Vail and to show His love to the people here. I want to continue to grow in His love, grace and knowledge.

I have found that a day when I don't try to share the gospel with people is an empty day. I feel farther from Christ and like I am not completing the task he has given me. But thankfully I can bank on grace. Praise the Lord.

So this past weekend we all (CRU) came together and painted a mural/ made a mosaic on the wall of Simba Run's garage. We made the mosaic out of broken plates and tiles. Before we broke these plates we scribed the things in our lives that we wanted to be broken of, and brought them before God. Then we smashed them and used them to make an awesome work of art. A good picture of how Christ uses broken people in the body of believers to create beautiful things, and to give us life in full. Anyway. The mural and mosaic look freakin awesome. Pics follow:

The wall before even any prep work was done


The initial sketch and layout


Everyone working hard on setting the tiles on the wall, which was followed by painting the mountains, trees and sky


The two who planned out the entire thing. They were the artists behind the project (Kim Mazzone [right] and Ferrell Rickardson [left]).


The finished Product! It's hard to tell how good it looks from this photo, but there were a lot of compliments made and I think Simba really likes the outcome of the project.


A close up of the sun/summer portion of the mural

So yea, after about only 6 hours of work the mural/mosaic turned out awesome. Hope it is there to stay for a while.

Anyway. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys. Everyone who has sent me stuff, called me, or contacted me in any way has been a great help. I hope you all are mutually encouraged by me as well. I am constantly amazed at how many people read this blog. Speaking of which, stephanie if your out there in germany reading this then hey, I hope to write/talk to you soon. Thanks again to everyone who reads. Peace out.

In Christ,
Tyler

P.S. As always I hope you all are continuing to grow in the grace, knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ty,

What an awesome piece of art you guys created. Talk about leaving a message in Vail. It a shame that it couldn't be on display downtown as it would touch so many hearts. You should find someone to create a plaque to place on the wall describing your mission. Thereby leaving the message of Christ there for the future.
Love,
DAD

Unknown said...

You never know is looking, reading, touching or reaching out to you.... this has been one GREAT blog. You all should be very pleased with your accomplishment there in Vail and the world as a whole. Take it with you when you go!!!

Unknown said...

To the above comment... forgot to sign: LOve you, Mom