Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Green Eggs and Ants

I am enjoying my time at night much lately. It is great to get a break from work. All the same, work is great. I am continuing to enjoy mapping people groups. Though I can get frustrated, I have realized that can occur whether I am at work or home or in a plane or on a train or in a box or with a fox or with a mouse in house or here or there or anywhere.

The past week has been a battle against ants. My roommate and I have found them 1st in the sink marching across the stove to get there (clean the dishes, spray with ant deterrent). Then we found them in a cubbard (simply move the food in the cubbard, spray with ant deterrent). Today we got home and thought all clear. Opening the microwave showed how misguided our thoughts were (turn on microwave for 5 minutes, which by the way doesn't kill ants). So, needless to say, all food has been removed from the area they have been around, and we are hoping for the best.

Something I wanted to share:

Romans 11:33-36 -> "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to Him again? For from Him and through Him and to him are all things. To Him be the glory forever, Amen."
God is phenomenally bigger and better than any of us can imagine. Our pride is generated from our comparison to one another. In light of Gods glory, we are seriously but dust. Hard to wrap ones mind around that, I'm still having trouble

Leviticus 11:45 -> "For I am the Lord who brought you up from the land of Egypt to be your God; thus you shall be holy, for I am holy."
God is calling the nation of Israel (which we are grafted into as believers [Rom 11:17]) His own, and He wants them to be holy so that He can reconcile them to Himself in LOVE.

Isaiah 53: 10-11 -> "But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; if He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand. As a resilt of the anguish of His soul, He will se it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant will Justify the many, as He will bear their iniquities."
So God realizes that no amount of sacrifice that we can provide is good enough to make us holy. So He substitutes himself for his people. He crushed his son for the sake of those he loved, though they had turned away from him, and would continue to do so.

Ephesians 1:5-7 -> "He predestine us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind inention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wich He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which he lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which he purposed in Him."
This speaks for itself, and simply amplifies what we learn from Isaiah 53. We, who are filthy in our sin, were given grace by the blood of He who knew no sin. I know this is preaching to the Choir for some, but I have heard men wiser than I say we need to preach the gospel to ourselves every day. I feel like the eyes of my heart are being enlightened, so that I will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe, and I wanted to share.

Other than that Richmond is a great place. It's no Louisville though. Thinking of you all.

-Tyler

No comments: