Thursday, May 28, 2009

MMMhmmm

IMB is great - I get to research people groups from all over the world all day long. Which is really great, because I know nothing about almost every group I have worked on so far. To my surprise, my administrators have left all the subjectivity of where to place a group up to me.

My boss is a great guy, who always seems to be in a good mood.

I am realizing more and more how great of a life I have. This includes family, friends, school, etc.

I am getting better at the job, which is uber encouraging. Though I am plagued by waves of frustration.

I need to invest in relationships at work

I am waiting for other interns to get there so I have more people my age

I seem to always want to move faster than older people. Very interesting lesson on patience.

I get to listen to music while I work

My roommate and I got to talk last night. This might not seem important, but I had lived here for two days and we had no really met yet (except for seeing one another at work, once).

If you squeak your foot across the ground it makes a sound like that of R2D2

I am not going to have as much free time this summer as I would have guessed

Working for a Christian organization does not throw you into some euphoria of encouragement.

So those are just my thoughts on life as of right now. There is a lot going on. I am hoping that I can find a church this weekend to visit. I have some prospects.
God is working in me, as always, but right now there are some really specific things.
Overall, things are going pretty smoothly.

Hope all is well with you all in Louisville, Lexington, Gainesville, Milton, Colorado, etc.

In Christ,
Tyler

No comments: